THESE BIBLE VERSES AND CHRISTIAN QUOTES ARE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE BIG BOOK OF CHRISTIAN QUOTES.
Albert N. Martin
evangelist, counsellor, pastor and preacher
- The four giant-killers of preachers—money, pride, unbridled ambition, and women—have killed their thousands. By the grace of God, they’ve not slain me.
- A biblical Christian is a person who has in all seriousness taken to heart his own personal problem of sin.
- The degree to which we may feel the awful weight of sin differs from one person to another.
- [Ladies] …any man that lusts after you will answer to God for his mental adultery…but you will answer to God if you provoked him by the manner in which you are dressed.
- Where I am ignorant, Lord, teach me. Where I am wrong, Lord, correct me. Where I am right, Lord, confirm me.
- A biblical Christian is a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.
The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and moral and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, you’re not a Christian!
- If your attachment to Christ is not begun on the bass note reverberating through your breast that you are a vile, filthy, helpless, Hell-deserving, wretched son or daughter of Adam, you know nothing of true repentance and therefore of true and saving faith.
- Repentance is being sorry enough to quit your sin.
- Repentance is the soul’s divorce from sin, but it will always be joined to faith…Repentance that is not joined to faith is a legalistic repentance.
- Professed faith that is not joined to repentance is a spurious faith, for true faith is faith in Christ to save me not in but from my sin. Repentance and faith are inseparable!
- The moment our loved ones breathe their last, their spirits, in the full consciousness of their existence, are immediately made perfect in the moral likeness of Christ.
- God’s salvation, though appropriated by individuals as individuals, is not an individualistic salvation.
Biblical doctrine of holiness, biblical holiness, not an experience, but a walk in conformity to the will and law of God.
- The moment the Spirit of God began to stab the consciences of men who were professing to know Jesus Christ but who were not pressing on in the path of holiness, immediately they sought to hide behind this popular doctrine, that for sake of a better term and one which will identify it in our minds, I will call the Carnal Christian Doctrine. I would rather use a stronger word, and call it the Carnal Christian Heresy for this is indeed what it is.
- Our Lord Jesus who preached positive truth and said I am the way also said beware of the doctrine of the Scribes and the Pharisees. He called it leaven. He warned people and he named it and he sought to keep his disciples from falling prey to it.
- …. But holiness is not essential to his salvation. Holiness is not an essential proof that he is saved. And so this man called the carnal man is told he ought to be holy, but he really need not be holy. If he is not holy he might lose some rewards and lose some blessings here and now, but he will still sneak into the gate, and he will make it to glory. Now this is basically the Carnal Christian Doctrine. This, I believe, is an accurate portrayal of this doctrine, a man who is saved but still walks in the flesh.
- We must never hold the doctrine that we are justified by grace through faith at the expense, or hold it in such a way, that we will not face the clear implications of the biblical doctrine of holiness. For the Bible says that except a man be born again he can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven also states very clearly without holiness no man shall see the Lord.
- What have been the results of separating these doctrines? First of all there have been some drastic results in the pew. There are many in the pews convinced that they are saved but they have never been transformed. They have managed to somehow deceive themselves into believing that you can receive Jesus without undergoing a moral reformation.
- That it is possible to have the Eternal Son of God dwell in your bosom by faith and still not experience what the Bible calls a new creation. Multitudes in their thinking have come to believe this.
- I know of men who preach on Bible Conference platforms across our nation who are afraid to preach on 1 John 3. The results of this doctrine of the Carnal Christian being believed have shut the mouths of preachers because they are afraid to set out the fruits and the marks of a true Christian, and to tell men if they do not produce the fruits of repentance they have never been born again. They are afraid to do it!